Like Green Eve? Go ahead, share it:

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Great Ways To Do Good | Guest Contributor Post

I was recently contacted by fashion enthusiast Morgan Gray who wanted to share a few of her thoughts with Green Eve's readers. Morgan recently started her own blog: "Gray & Gabbana" to make her voice heard in the fashion community; she is big on philanthropy and believes that there is more to fashion than meets the eye! Here's what she has to say about the philanthropic aspects of fashion:


Sometimes we do good directly, by performing random acts of kindness or donating to a worthy cause. However, that isn’t the only way to contribute. We can easily and effortlessly support companies who do good with purchases that you can be sure help to carry on the good works in the world.

Philanthropy and Fashion

Who doesn’t enjoy fashion! Most of my favorite companies to support seem to have a pretty cool social mission. Whenever I want a fresh look or a trendy pair of sunglasses, I shop at Warby Parker. This benefits my pocketbook and me because they offer affordable designer eyeglasses that stack up to the competition. No need to spend over $300 for a new look. Also, the company gives back by partnering with non-profits that train low-income entrepreneur women to sell affordable eye wear to those in need in their respective countries. So for every pair of glasses the company sells, they donate a pair!

I adore cute, quirky hats, and I’ve found a couple of my favorites at WORN. This organization, a part of Catholic Charities Fort Worth, helps immigrant women supplement their income with hand-knit items they can sell. Each woman in this program has relocated to the Fort Worth area from a war-torn, poverty stricken part of the world, and WORN provides them and their families a hand up.

Philanthropy

Each month, I try to make sure that a portion of my earnings goes to a worthy cause. Naturally, I have a few favorite organizations to support. Vital Voices, an international organization that focuses on investing in women is one of my all-time favorite philanthropies. To date, their international staff of over 1,000 pro bono experts has trained and mentored more than 14,000 women from more than 144 countries. After their experience within the program, these women return home to mentor other women and girls in their own communities. The result is a powerful movement of women helping women to impact their world for change.


Every person has the power to impact the world for good. There are many ways in which we can do good—there really is something good in this world for everyone. I hope these ideas have inspired you look into your own favorite ways to give. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...