Your Carbon Footprint is a measure of how much carbon dioxide (CO2) is emitted annually into the atmosphere as a result of your day-to-day lifestyle. It includes all the daily activities you do and allows you to understand more clearly that impact that your regular lifestyle has on climate change and the environment as a whole.
Your Carbon Footprint is calculated by considering certain aspects of your day-today activities and actions and working out how much CO2 is emitted by each.
According to Big Green Switch, the most common and most frequently calculated elements include:
- Your home's annual electricity and gas usage for heating, lighting and powering your household.
- Your fuel usage for all the car journeys you undertake.
- Your portion of the emissions created by the bus, train, boat and plane journeys you take.
- The carbon impact of your shopping and consumerism.
- The impact of the production, use and disposal of your household waste.
Go ahead calculate your Carbon Footprint using the tool below!
I was shocked by how big my carbon footprint is... It's all these flights to and from Amman... But other than that I've got a lot to do to reduce it in all the other areas & i'm up for it :)
Hope this will help you understand your impact on the environment and your contribution to climate change! Please use this information to help you REDUCE your carbon footprint.